Monday 23 June 2014

Culminating Artist Statement

For my culminating project I chose to film myself taking a bike ride around the time the sun sets, as biking is something I really enjoy doing and I find sunsets fascinating and beautiful.
A lot of the shots I took are of the journey through streets and tree-surrounded paths, along with the sun shining on the trees and lake.
Mainly what I was trying to portray in my project was the importance of freedom in my life and the fact that I pride myself in finding beauty in the life I surround myself in and I portrayed this message with the trees speeding by and the bike as something I use to feel freedom.
The song I chose was "Holocene" by Bon Iver. I chose this song for my project because I believe the music suits the shots I took as it is calming and pretty. I also really enjoy the lyrics that play in the last few seconds of my video: "and at once I knew, I was not magnificent" because I think it is very true that no one is truly significant in this world as we will all be forgotten one day, so we may as well do all we can to enjoy what little time we have.


(my finished video is in the drop folder under my name as "my finished project" because I couldn't figure out how to rename it ;___;)

No comments:

Post a Comment